The first thing to understand in this article is that neither company is a better overall choice as there are pros and cons to going with each company. It is also important to understand that in the UPC code industry there is no government affiliation or government issued UPC codes. However, there is a governing body in the UPC code industry and that company is called GS1 formerly known as the UCC - Uniform Code Council. GS1 is a privately owned company just like we are. However, GS1 is a non-profit organization.
We will now list the pros and cons of each company below so that you can make the best informed decision on which company to choose when purchasing your UPC codes.
InstantUPCCodes.com Pros / Cons:
- No annual renewal fees
- You OWN your UPC codes
- Your UPC codes never expire
- Our UPC codes are originally issued by the UCC (Now known as GS1)
- 100% Authentic (We are independently and manually verified for each prefix we sell from, with the Authenticated UPC Registration Directory)
- 100% Unused UPC codes
- Our UPC codes will not work for the following 6 retail stores: Walmart, Sams Club, Kroger, FredMeyer, Macy's & Bloomingdales
For more info on why our UPC codes are not accepted at the above 6 retail stores, please visit: Full List of Approved Online / Retail Stores
GS1 Pros / Cons:
- GS1 UPC codes work at the 6 retail stores where ours don't work
- Annual renewal fees based on company revenue
- You do not OWN your UPC codes, you LEASE them from GS1
- Their UPC codes cost a minimum of 5x more than ours without including the annual renewal fee
- If you do not keep paying the annual renewal fee, you lose the legal rights to use those UPC codes
- If you don't pay the renewal few on time, they will send multiple collection companies after you
If you are not putting your products in one of these retail stores: Walmart, Sams Club, Kroger, FredMeyer, Macy's & Bloomingdales, then purchasing with our company is the clear choice. If you plan on putting your products in one of the above retail stores, you will need to lease your UPC codes from GS1. Besides the retail stores that will not accept our UPC codes, there is absolutely NO difference between our UPC codes and GS1 UPC codes.