SCC-14 Frequently Asked Questions
What is an SCC-14 master carton code exactly? - SCC-14 codes or master carton codes are also known as: GTIN-14, UCC-14, ITF-14 or Shipping Container Code. Even though this code goes by many different names, it is the same code. SCC-14 master carton codes are 14 digit barcodes that are used for processing inbound inventory for retail stores. The SCC-14 code is placed directly on your product cases which contain multiple items inside. Retail stores require that your products arrive in cases. When you apply to have your products accepted into a retail store, you will be asked for your UPC code, SCC-14 master carton code and the quantity of each case of products. Within the store database, the clerk will record the UPC, SCC-14 code and case quantity manually into the database.
How do SCC-14 master carton codes work? - Let's imagine that you have one of your products already accepted into a retail store. The product example that we will use is a 16oz. can of beans and those beans come in a case of 24. Let's also imagine that an individual particular store sold 100 cans of your beans that week. Once the system auto calculates how many cans it needs, to re-order it will re-order the minimum of the previous week sold. So if you sold 100 cans with a case of 24 each, the system will need to order at least 5 cases of beans. When the store deliveries arrive the following week, a store clerk will be scanning in the cases of products to ensure that everything has been delivered to the store and nothing is missing. When the store clerk scans in the cases of beans at the loading dock, they will need to ensure that there are 5 cases of beans total. Once they are scanned in to the store database, it converts the cases multiplied by the actual products in the inventory. The inventory will now add 120 individual 16oz. beans since they were just delivered. The reason why using SCC-14 codes is important is so that the clerk scanning in products, can scan in 5 cases, rather than 120 individual products. This allows the delivery process to be much faster and more efficient.
Do I really need SCC-14 master carton codes for my products? - If you plan to sell your products in retail stores, you will be required to provide your SCC-14 master carton codes. If you plan on selling your products only online, no you will not generally be required to provide your SCC-14 master carton code.
How do I purchase SCC-14 master carton codes? - First, you need to purchase UPC codes before you can purchase your SCC-14 codes. The reason for this is because the SCC-14 code is derived from the UPC code itself. The SCC-14 code is placed on the case of your products that have the corresponding UPC code on the individual products inside. We don't need to know any details as far how many products are inside the case. You will be the only one that needs to know this information as you will tell the retail store when they ask you how many products are in each case.
What's Included with my SCC-14 Master Carton Code Order?
- We convert your UPC-A codes to SCC-14 codes
- Digital artwork in JPG and EPS formats
- Excel spreadsheet which shows your UPC codes and corresponding SCC-14 codes for each
- Delivered by email as a .zip file within 24 hours
You can download a sample SCC-14 master carton code order here: Sample SCC-14 Order (1 SCC-14 Code)
The sample download order above is an example of ordering (1) SCC-14 master carton code. The quantity that you select upon checkout will determine how many SCC-14 codes and SCC-14 images that you will receive.
SCC-14 Master Carton Code Pricing:
- 1 SCC-14 Master Carton Code: $25.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 2 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $50.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 3 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $75.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 4 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $100.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 5 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $125.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 6 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $150.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 7 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $175.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 8 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $200.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 9 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $225.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 10 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $250.00 ($25.00 ea.)
- 25 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $500.00 ($20.00 ea.)
- 50 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $750.00 ($15.00 ea.)
- 100 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $1000.00 ($10.00 ea.)
- 250 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $1875.00 ($7.50 ea.)
- 500 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $2500.00 ($5.00 ea.)
- 1,000 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $3000.00 ($3.00 ea.)
- 1,500 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $3750.00 ($2.50 ea.)
- 2,500 SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: $4375.00 ($1.75 ea.)
- 5,000+ SCC-14 Master Carton Codes: Contact Us
Need more than 5,000+ SCC-14 codes? Contact us for a custom quote.
SCC-14 Master Carton Barcode Labels:
Do you already have SCC-14 master carton codes but need printed labels? If so, please go to our SCC-14 barcode label order form.